Otaku Corner

A blog dedicated to manga and anime.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fruits Basket Chapter 130!

Dreams do come true...

There is something I want to tell you.
Not just with words, but my fingers that can touch.


We open on the day Akito went to see Tohru. Akito tells Tohru how she was jealous of her, becuase her heart is so much more beautiful than her's is. Tohru tells her that she's not beautiful and should spit things by such things like beauty. She tells Akito that if she is beautiful then so is Akito. She carries on to say it was nearly painful how innocent and pure Akito was, by crying about how lonely and frightened she was.
She gets up from her hospital bed, telling her that she's someone who'd tried to break appart the world Akito was hoping for. She says it doesn't matter if it was right or wrong, but the fact that Akito was hurt so badly. She goes to continue but the flash back ends.

Cut to Akito as we left her last time, knowing Kyo has been freed.

Tohru calls Kyo's name, and steps back in shock to see Kyo looking the same. Once again we see the word goodbye as Akito looks up at the sky looking sad, feeling the loss of the cat. She slumps down onto her knees saying to Akira that it's ok now. She says that now she is no longer god or special, that she is going to be just Akito, its ok now.
Ok for her to begin her own life. She beins to cry and says how she's frightened and in pain and has no redeeming features.

We see goodbye appear once more as Kyo, also upset, reaches for his beads. He rips them off as Tohru also begins to cry quickly followed by Kyo. And again we see goodbye as Kyo looks up crying.

It isn't the end however, it seems the cat has been the catalyste for a chain reaction in the curse.
We skip to Ayame in the shop, he drops the book he's reading as he calls for Mine. She appears asking if he wants more tea or something as dinner won't be for a little while more. As she speaks he gets to his feet and hugs her from behind. He tells her he was born becuase he wanted to love her and now he can finally say it to her. We leave them as Mine begins to cry, seeing the words goodbye everyone as we go to the next Jyuniishi.

Ritsu drops a flower pot and his mother, jumpy as usual, asks him if he's ok and if he's hurt.

It says how parting is sad and over to Kisa who ceases play with Hiro and Hinata when she drops the mogeta doll crying.

It says that things like partings are the begining of meetings as Kagura out shoping stops in the street, looking up as she feels the spirit leave her.

It continues, saying also that when there are endings there are beginings. But those aren't things she wants to hear.
Rin is crying, with Haru who says how in its own way it's really somewhat sad. As we see Akito saying to cry with them Haru hugs Rin.

Hatori stops in the estate as Akito says that if nothing can be done about it at least cry together, looking down as we see Akito bent over on the floor.
She says how her whole body feels like its crying out. Like its blaming her for losing all that it held.

She says about the fear of living in the world once more as Shigure, one of the final ones, touches his chest as he stops walking. He says that this must be how it feels as we see Akito crying once more, saying with just a small bit of hope as her support let them cry with her.

Tohru and Kyo are hugging once more as Akito saying she wants to cry like the day she was first born into the world, Tohru still crying as we see a ghostly hand reach out to touch the flowers.

Back to the hospital visit with Akito and Tohru as Tohru finishes what she was saying earlier. Tohru tells her that she still wants to be friends with her. Akito tells her that she stubborn.

We IM with Akito once more now talking about Tohru. She says how she said believing in meetings and beginings from now on wasn't too late and that she smiled at her. She is sat on the floor, but looks up as the ghostly hand touches her head. At that moment she too is freed as the God spirit leaves her.

We cut to Yuki who in sat on a bench in town. He says how he feels odd and wonders if it's because he's nervous. Machi rushes up to him out of breath having rushed to get there appologising for being later and asks if he's waited for long.

{Just a note but the page after this is missing on my scans. But I was able to find someone online who had read it. I'll try to find it and add it to the scans later.}

He tells her it's ok, saying that she's not late and asks if she ran. Still out of break Machi denies it and Yuki laughs appologising for asking her to come out so suddenly.
Machi says its fine and said that he said he had something important he wanted to talk about. He tells her its something he definitely has to tell her.
He is cut off however as we see the God saying he's the last one.

The God thanks the little rat as Machi asks him what's wrong. He thanks him for keeping his old promise as Machi looks up worridly to see Yuki crying, the small rat going to the Gods hand to be picked up finally.

As Machi worries about him we see an image of the long haired god spirit with the rat in his/her hand taking him away, all the other animals behind saying thankyou and goodbye.

Banner: The twelve Jyuniishii's long banquet has come to an end. For the first time ever with lots of uncertainty and some hope they finally have their freedom.
Next insert Issue 17, 5th of August

My thoughts:
I really loved this chapter. It was good to see all the Jyuniishi again, espeically Ritsu after such a long time.
I'm glad we got to see what Aki and Tohru talked about at the hospital too and that Yuki/Machi moment too. Hopefully we'll see more of YuChi in the next chapter.
I think that the curse was definitely ended by the cat. No one had ever accepted the cat before, not even Kazuma's Grandpa's wife who married him out of pity. Maybe it was when the cat was finally accepted both into the family and by a lover the curse could be broken.
I'm hoping for an explanation next chapter at the meeting. They've still not met with Akito yet and I really want to see a YuChi kiss too. Hopefully we'll see how they all end up too, like partners etc.
I especially liked how Takaya got across the fact that Akito too had been traped by this curse too. Being able to live her own life, no longer being thought of a "god" instead of simply "Akito", she too had been trapped and bound by the curse as much as the others had.

Scans as usual hosted by myself. Scans from Hana to Yume. http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/Seph-Noir/Fruits%20Basket%20chapter%20130/
Please email for password or Pm me on Gaia.
himenoawayuki1@hotmail.com
Sephiroths samurai girl

38 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    is that it? thats the 130th chapter? TT_TT no! are u sure that's it? so there is 131 chapters! i wonder.....what's in store, but now we gotta wait.... 18 STUPID DAYS!!! 18 DAYS ARE GONNA BE WASTED FROM THE SUMMER WAITING AND WAITING FOR THE LAST STINKEN CHAPTER!!!!!!!! AAAAGH!!
    ok, i'm sorry for the spaz attack. now, i'm just REALLY REALLY mad. >.< arigato, though, for the chapters! i dont kno what i would have done if i had to wait for the books like alot of other people.... Domo arigato!!
    KKL~ (KyoRu-KiTTy-ArTist on fanfiction.net)

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TT_TT. i can't email you! something's wrong with my computer and my stinkin mail thing! i wont need your password for the next chapter, will i? ooo! could u email the password to me in a message on my account in fanfiction? just type in my sn ( in the previous comment) in the 'search' button at fanfiction, and press 'reply'! ^-^
    it'll make me very happy!
    KKL~

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Seph said…

    You need to enable your messages first. ^^;

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i am leaving you a comment so i won't feel like a complete freak when i email you for that password!!

    first off, thanks for the summary!!
    second, found this place a while back through LJ, but as i'm not the commenting type, this would be my first comment. but thanks for what you've done, and it's so sad to think it's nearly over...

    OrangeMishu

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i am leaving you a comment so i won't feel like a complete freak when i email you for that password!!

    first off, thanks for the summary!!
    second, found this place a while back through LJ, but as i'm not the commenting type, this would be my first comment. but thanks for what you've done, and it's so sad to think it's nearly over...

    OrangeMishu

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank a lot!!!!! ;O; This chapter made me soooooooooooo happy!!!!!! I'm still shaking!!!!!!
    Thanks a lot!!!

    I'm emailing you right now for the password....

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you so much Seph! :) I almost started to cry when I read what happens in this chapter, I am so happy there is one more to look forward too! I will also email you for the password, so don't be surprised to hear from me! LOL!
    Lalita :)

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    By the way, who is that on the picture? is that Saki? thank you!

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lalita: I think that's Machi and Yuki on the colour picture.

    And thank you, Seph, for all your summaries and translations ^_^!! You're wonderful!

    (Oh, I've sent you a PM on Gaia :p)

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow i am so suprised well not really i'm still shaking. i knew it was going to happen but i didnt think i would be this shocked about it. well i send u an email for the password.

    Arigato!

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm happy there's going to be another chapter. It's understandable that they'd all cry because the curse was lifted, but it kind is a turn off. I think that having everyone crying was a bit much.

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank You Otaku and Seph for all you hard work on these summaries. I can't wait for the last chapter, you guys are awsome. One qustion will you be picking up a new series after fruits basket?

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, thanks a lot for posting! *^_^* I'm sending you an e-mail asking for password now... ^^

    Milena

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Seph said…

    Sorry it took so long to reply to everyone but I was shocked how many people emailed me. I had 114 emails and 20 pms on Gaia.
    I've not even checked my yahoo mail yet. I've been replying for about three hours.
    I'll hopefully be adding more detail to the summary later once I've checked the rest of my mail.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Seph said…

    I've resorted to wearing my swimsuit where its so hot. T.T
    Ah, I noticed I'm missing the third to last page on the scans too. I was able to find someone online who'd read it so I was able to do the summary for it. I'll try to find it and add it to the scans.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you sooo much!!!!!! Sorry for all the trouble you go through in doing this. I really appreciate it. I'm e-mailing you right now! TY!

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you so much for the summary and the scans! It made my week so much better. It's so sad that the story is finally ending. Bah! After the release of the next chapter what more do I have to look forward to? Haha. Thanks again! : )

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Seph said…

    And about covering another series. Seeing as it's you who visit this blog I'd really like some suggestions as to what you would like to see.
    Preferably a recently started series, what ever genre is fine tough considering the majority of our series covered are shoujo try to aim along the same lines.
    I have heard Takaya is doing a new series but nothing more so if you have any info on that let me know.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ah...what a sad & happy chapter...i`m glad the curse is finally broken,...hope that shigure finally tells akito what he really feels for her again....and i hope that we lern more about the beginning of the curse in the next chapter....
    again...thanks for the scans....
    mata ne
    kagomesirene

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Seph, this is Len. I wanted to reply, but seeing as you've got over 130 emails--I'll just wanted to say--poor you! That's A LOT of emails! Well, a popular series is bound to gather a lot of fans around, especially if it's a series in progress.

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for the summary and scans!

    — sc1510 =D

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG I love this chpt. It's like one of the best ones so far!! I too want to see a Yuchi kiss scene. And I thought it was clever of Takaya-sensi to put all of the Junnishi (sp?) crying. That was cool and to have Akito saying that she can be Akito now instead of God. And I want to see more of Kyru!! They're my favorite couple so far!!

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ahh..i'm happy that i'm finding out wat happens but sad cuz its GONNA FInishh!! T.T i wud die without u~! THANK YOU SOOO MUCHH >.< <3<3

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you very much for the password, the chapter is extremely beautiful! *_*

    Milena

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your site, it's so helpful!! i can't wait to find out what happens in the last chapter!!
    BTW, i am gonna email you for the password, so be expecting an email!! Arigato! *bows*

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tear tear... Am i the only Yukiru fan left alive? I DO NOT WANT TO SEE A YUKCHI KISS!! NO MY SWEET YUN YUN! NO!!!!! Kyoru is fine with me but Yukiru i favor a lot more!!! i wanna know what happens in the last chap. NO YUKCHI KISS! at least i hope not.... Thank you so much for this! U r amazing! Arigato!!!!!! u can eamil me or PM me at fanfiction.net... my pen name is AssassinedAngel... The Yukiru fics may make you puke though... My email is on fanfic.net... well thank you for taking your time for the summary and answering these emails! That is like sweet of you!!!!!!

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG!!!!!!! I'm crying too! I am so happy for all of them! Thank you so so much for posting!^___^ I'll email you for the password. Domo arigatou! ^_^

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great chapter! This such a wonderful website! Thank you Seph and Otaku! Arigato gozaimasu! Arigato gozaimasu! I was reading summaries at a different site before I found this site, but that other site was horrible! When Kyon-chan's curse was lifted, they didn't even mention that in the summarry!

    I'm also hoping for a Yuchi kiss, that would be so sweet! They are so cute together! Oh yeah, AssassinedAngel, I know exactly how you feel. When I first found out about Machi-chan I was kinda disappointed, Yukiru is a nice pairing. But sadly, I'm pretty sure that pairing is dead by now. Although there will always be fanfiction! I know of a great Yukiru writer on fanfiction.net, her pen name is Winter's Light, you should read some of her fics, I'll check out some of your fics.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought for sure that was going to be the last chapter. I am so relived that it wasn't! o_o

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sweet~ just found this site like a week ago...nice site =D thnx for the awesome scans!!

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome site! Thank you for posting the scans!

    I'm so happy for this ending...yet so sad it's almost over.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thx for the ch summary and all!
    i've been waitin for this last chapter!! thx so much!!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the great summary.Finally I understand the scanlations.I like the chain reaction but I'm still dissapointed with the fact that Yuki ends up being a minor character in the manga. And he winds up with a character that's not important either. Machi actually has no impact on Yuki. She's just a minor character that he likes. I wish Yuki's character in the final stages as being someone who is surrounded with a lot of friends and is more of a player. :P lol He started the anime and manga with Tohru but if the manga ends up with him kissing Machi, I will puke big time. Sorry, just don't like the Yuchi ending. Its terrible.<*__*>

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    these last few chapters are so touching. ive shed some tears, im so happy :)

    i cant wait til the next chapter, i too hope everything will be explain.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, what ever happend to Momiji? Sorry, but I have skipped a few chapters....Was he freed from the curse as well?

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm completely lost with what happened between Yuki and Akito...

     
  • At 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ummm....I e-mailed the girl for her password and haven't heard anything back...

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yuki and machi did kiss!!!!!!i forgot what chapter but when she asks him if she can call him yuki they kiss!it's at the same time when tohru and kyou kiss when the curse is broken!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home