Otaku Corner

A blog dedicated to manga and anime.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bishonens of the Month and a great new anime!


Ouran High School Host Club

Well since I completely forgot to post a bishonen of the month and wanted to talk a bit about this anime anyway, I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone so to speak. In anycase let me talk a bit about the anime first, which is hilarious. Ouran High School Host Club is a very fun, and delightful anime from studio Bones. The animation colors are vivid and bright, and the story is lots of fun. This anime took me completely by surprise simply because I didn't like the manga very much; in fact I never even got past the first chapter. When my friend suggested I give the anime a try, I was reluctant to do so because I found the manga so boring. Boy was I ever wrong, watching the anime now, makes me want to go back and read the manga. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy gender bender series (Basara being my all time fave), but the manga just didn't get my attention. However now that I have seen this anime, I definately plan to go back and get the manga series. This anime kept me laughing all the way through every episode, don't get me wrong there is not a lot of depth here. The story revolved around a high school girl from a poor background attending a prestigious high school, where she encounters a host club of rich good looking guys with time on there hands(becasue they are rich). Anyway the mistake her for a guy and when she breaks there 8 million yen vase she has to work off the debt in there club. All the club members eventually realize she's a girl but keep her working at the host club while keeping her gender a secret. As you can imagine hilarity ensues, and some characters try vying for her attention, both guys and girls. Character development is pretty slow, but will hopefully pick up as the series moves on, otherwise this show is just good clean fun.

Bishonens of the Month

Well I am very late this month in posting this but in anycase I am featuring the Ouran High School Club including Haruhi. Suoh Tamaki is the blond and president of the Host Club, he is very concieted, but he brings in a lot of customers often refering to himself as King of the club, and he really digs Haruhi. Ootori Kyoya is the vice president (the one with glasses) and considered the cool type in the club, he is really very sharp and often comes up with schemes to earn the club money, like selling photogrpahs of the other members and what not (he reminds me of Tatsumi from Decendants of Darkness). Next up we have the twins Hikaru and Kaoru who like to impress the ladies by acting like incestous lovers, that is they are always hitting on each other, and if they are not hitting on each other then they are always teasing Haruhi. Then there is Honey (the one holding the bunny) he is the shota type of the group even though he's a senior, Honey acts more like a grade school kid and the ladies really dig it. Honey's good buddy is the ever serious Mori (the one with the black hair), he can often be found carrying Honey around on his back, but other then that he never smiles and always presents a serious demeanor. Last but not least there is the female member of the group Haruhi (holding the white rose), she has a natural talent for being a host and is unfortunetly stuck paying off her debt. Haruhi is in the same grade as the twins so she can often be found hanging with them when the club is not in session (Which annoys Tamaki to no end). Haruhi attend Ouran Academy due to her intelligence, unlike everyone else who can afford to go. Haruhi is often shocked by the misconceptions the rich have of the poor. In one classic scene the club members send Haruhi out to buy coffee and she brings back instant, they were so shocked by this concept calling it coffee of the commoner, and made a big production out of who was brave enough to try it......lol

13 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG you have not read the manga, it is awsome, it's the best, much better then Hana Kimi or Power.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Mori-sempai, he is soooo sexy..., I hope he ends up with Haruhi.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The King, Tamaki is soo great, and I think he really loves Haruhi...I hope he gets the girl, but he will have to give up being a host club member.

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think Mori is so kawaii, him and Honey sempai....they look sooo cute together.....so kawaii

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a big fan of Tamaki too! He's really cool and funny! I will look into the manga since I am totally enjoying the anime series! :D

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really wish Haruhi was a boy because she's the most normal on of them all, but if I had o pick my favorite guys, I would pick the twins Haru and Kaoru, simply because they are a laugh riot. By the way you must read the manga it's awsome.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good choice for bishie's of the month, The Ouran High School Host Club is an awsome choice.

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thx for introducing this anime! i went to watch it and i think it's wonderful.. vy funny.. makes mie laugh all the time! thx and i hope FB is gonna be out soon! ^^

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree, I watched upon Otaku's recommendation. and this anime is fabulous and may I dare say much funnier then Furuba, plz don't be mad ><, anyway check it out peeps if you get a chance.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They are doing a great job with the anime but the manga is very good too!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you sooo much for your descriptions of new anime and manga!! I rely on your site and your opinions when it comes to trying out new stuff. Whenever I finish one anime, I feel at at a loss as to what to try next and you always lead me to the newest and best options. I really love Ouran High School Host Club. Keep up the great work!!!

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah....this anime is great. Especially episode 5 when the twins fake-fight....awesome....I was introduced to the anime by the manga.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home