Otaku Corner

A blog dedicated to manga and anime.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Best Anime Pick of Spring 2006 - The Winner is Nana


Takumi and Hachi(Nana)

Well I wanted to post a little comment on Nana. This is by far my pick of the best anime of the spring anime season. The story line is faithful to the manga, and animation is top notch and fluid; and the story is as it's always been engaging. I am so happy with this adaptaion of the manga that I cannot stop gushing, after last year's horrible adaptation of ParaKiss I am thrilled to see Nana is treated with much care and consideration. So far I am up to episode 6 and cannot wait for the next episode. As for other anime's that premiered XXXholic is taking it's time to warm on me. Not that they aren't faithful to the manga, but they have completely left out the Tsubasa story line from the anime, as well as Yuko's mention of X characters like Suburu Sumeragi. They did however keep the Legal Drug cameo in tact. Speaking of Legal Drug, I wish they would animate it, and that CLAMP would continue on with the story; but I digress. Somewhere in my ranting and raving I was trying to express my love of Nana. The manga is awsome, the anime is lovely and it's one worth checking out in your spare time. As for the manga VIZ has released the first two volumes under there Shojo Beat line, with volume three expected out this summer. I applaud Yazawa-Sensei, she has created a story where one can experience the joys, heartbreaks, tears and love of characters whom the reader can easily relate to and understand. Leave me a post and let me know what you feel is your pick for the best anime of the Spring 2006 season.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I totally agree with you! I am so hooked on Nana!

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nana is awsome, totally addictive.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to say my favortie anime of the season is Ouran Host Club, which is also a Shoujo Beat Manga. Nana is good too though.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SPOILERS WARNING..........I love Nana, although I have to say that the guys that Hachi picks are awful, I hated Shouji for what he did with Sachiko, and Nobu was not right for her and I totally cannot stand Takumi, simply becuase he cheats on her too. As for Nana, I do like Ren but he is a total drug addict so where does that leave poor Nana.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like Nobu for Hachi, but he's not a man yet. He's sweet, but not mature enough!

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like Nobu for Hachi too, the only problem with Nobu is that he needs to be more assertive in the relationship, he was way too passive, and he jumped right into bed with Hachi as soon as she broke up with Takumi. As for Takumi he is a super jerk, but I think Hachi will stay with him.

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home