Otaku Corner

A blog dedicated to manga and anime.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Neko Fan Book Short Stories.

Thanks to FG2 for getting the scans, so I can finally translate this.

Shigure's "I can't take it so stop please".

Tohru "The wrapping paper from the end of the year gift for Shigure...is really pretty.
Even throwing the string away is a waste...I wonder if I can find a use for it..."
{And so she ties her hair up with it. ><}
"There is a use afterall.
There's no problem using the string as a ribbon...
So I'll wear it for school tomorrow...."
{Shigure comes in and grabs Tohru.}
Shigure "I'll get you some...!!" Tohru "Huh!?" Shigure "I'll get you some so spare me please...!!"
<Undeniable blood

When Ayame and Mine got out, Ayame normally puts on Mine's shoesfor her.
Student girl "That's really worrying!"
Student girl 2 "Its every time you know?! Every time!! It's reallyembarassing to watch!!"
The girls are regular customers
Student girl 2 "Mine is mine but the owner is the owner too!! Are they stupid? Little brother {otouto-kun} since you've come youshould warn them about it."
Yuki "*laughs* "Is it really that strange as to talk so much about it? "
"I think, I'm likely to do the same thing."
Ayame "What is this. You seem like you had a flaw in your awareness pointed out and are shocked, my little brother."

<"That that" Dear

Hana "Kyo, what is you father interested in? What is it he likes?"
Kyo "This girl, why hasn't she given up yet. I don't care what mighthappen; I'm going to stop her!! Even if it means I have to lie!! "
"Sorry Hanajima..."
Hana "Sorry?"
Kyo "Shishou hates women who dress all in black most!! Take that!!"
Hana "I see. *Laughs*"
Kyo "You act like its not your problem!! I'm talking about you!!What's with the laugh!!"

<Is it alright to draw someone so happy {When the actual story islike this} Chapter 74

Arisa "He seems like he wouldn't notice even if he stepped in dogpoo."
That is how Uo spoke of Kureno.If she actually saw him like that,how would she feel?
Arisa "Ah Kureno, You stepped in dog poo."
Kureno "Ah you're right, I didn't notice." *Laughs* I need to paymore attention."
Arisa "I really like this idiot."
Ah, she seems she's fine with it.

<Silence and no chance to speak.

Ayame "Did you know, Shigure, the reason Hatori and everyone else can't appear on the Drama CD!! It's come to "because he doesn't speak" It really is the end of the world!!"
Shigure "And Ayame speaks so much it gets out of hand so he can't appear."
Ayame "That's when I realised something!! If the problem is not speaking then force him to speak!! In other words, have him read a stroy book!!
Book title "Momotarou" peach boy.
Ayame "But you know!! If Hatori, who doesn't normally speak, were to read this long book and have his lovely voice go hoarse, that would be the biggest event of the Sohma family!!
So, I shall read in Hatori's place and have my voice go hoarse instead!! Once upon a time, it was surprising because an old man and an old woman was there!!"
Shigure "Why is it a fairy tale?"
Hatori "Read it quietly."
Ayame "Copy that Hatori!!"

<As long as there is love.

Today as well, Ritsu and Mitsuru have gone on a date.
Mitsuru "The wind is cold today isn't it."
Ristu "It is, maybe Hanabie has come back. Mitsuru, if you want, my shawl...ah."
"I came out wearing a furisode again without thinking!! Thank goodness. Mitsuru isn't the type of woman to worry about small mistakes."
Mitsuru "Why does he wear a furisode all the time. Its true I've not asked about his gender, but I thought he was a man, maybe truthfully...but that couldn't be likely."
Ritsu "Ah, look there are sakura over there."
Mitsuru "You're right. Lets go over and have a closer look."
They seem very happy.

<Although they are like this, they are still top of their class.

Kakeru "Lately you seem to be getting along well with Machi, but I can't admire two timing Yunyun."
Yuki "I'm not two timing."
Machi "It is not adding up."
Kakeru "I can't turn away, not as a big brother."
Yuki "Not only brother, but Kakeru too. Why do they want to act like big brothers when its about non important things.There are other things arne't there?"
Kakeru "If you are a man then you should make a clear declaration. Machi or me!!"
Yuki "You?!"
Kimi "Its Kimi isn't it? Yunyun."
Nao "It's not important so get back to work!!!"

14 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Seph said…

    Yeah I didn't really get it either. I guess it's the fact that Yuki too would do something weird like that and it shows how like his brother he is.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the translation. Does anyone know where I could get a copy of the raw scans so that I could look at them all? If not it's alright.

    Alice
    greenopsbarberi@yahoo.com

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Seph said…

    Of the fan book? Those are the pages next to each translation. It's only one page per story.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Seph said…

    I really hope so. Nothing's been said as to whether they'll release it or not but even if they don't I hope they'll import the Japanese version for places other than conventions.
    You might like to try the singapore publishing company that're doing Furuba. They're translating it into english and it's also being sold in Australia too. Vol 18 came out a few days ago. I'm thinking of dropping Tokyopop and going with them for the english version.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Seph said…

    Here's the publishing site, you can buy it from there. They've got a nicer cover even.

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I must point out that these scans came from laurhanna, a French website. I forgot to give credit when I posted them on FG2!!!

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Seph said…

    Ah thanks. ^^
    I had a feeling it was from there. I'd seen the Ritsu one on there before but not the others.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Seph said…

    Forgot to post the link for you Jesi.

    http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseTypeId=3&webChannelId=1&sortKey=3&method=browse&pager.offset=50

    It's pretty much a volume every month.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hee hee thanx for the summary...
    Kakeru is the best.. MACHI OR ME??
    lol

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Seph said…

    If you go to the complete catalogue and go to about page 7 they've got up to 21 on there with release dates. 19 is published this month.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for the summary and scans!

    — sc1510 =D

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cant wait for 5th to come!

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Seph said…

    The english version by Tokyopop is very poor. They've changed some of the speech quite a bit.
    The Australian version is suposedly much better.

    And ch131 isn't the last one either! But I can't finde the scans for it anywhere. All I know is Yuki tells Mahci about the curse and they kiss finally and we learn a lot about the curse from Kami.

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks sephi-san... i really enjoyed with your translation. the best is the kureno and arisa... ha ha...
    thanks for said you have this scans by e-mail
    claudia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home