Otaku Corner

A blog dedicated to manga and anime.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Small Otakon Update


Makoto Tateno at Otakon


Hello Everybody this is your weary blogger, thought I would quickly tell you a little something something about Otakon. I waited two hours in the pre-reg line because my bro and cuz decided last minute that they would also like to attend, so I purchase badges for them as well. I hopefully will be able to take a pic of the badges later. I attended a couple of panels really. First was Yellow author Makoto Tateno, whom this lucky gal got to take a picture with. I then attended the Madhouse panel where I got to see previews for there new anime Red Line and Highlander, both which seemed really interesting. Next I attended the Funigirls panel where I got some great swag including a Kodacha DVD. I briefly got to go through the Dealer's room as it was packed and I barely got to see the wares for sale, but hopefully tommorrow. As for license, Funigirls declared that Funimation will be annoucing a major license tommorrow, and rumor is the Honey and Clover, Nana and Ouran High School Host Club have all been licensed, just not by Funimation. Hopefully I will find out tommorrow. Well That's all folks, I am pretty beat and I barely touched the surface of Otakon. I hope I can update and get better pics for you tommorrow. This is like a two second video I took, which you can view at http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Otaku29/?action=view&current=otakon2006026.flv
It's nothing much just a quick look at the lobby.

P.S - Funigirls mentioned that Trinity Blood will be airing on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim slot. So stay tuned for it's arrival to T.V.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow that's a lot of anime fans in that vid. I dont think there are even HALF that many anime fans around HERE. *Cries*

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Seph said…

    Wow it looks busy there even for the first day.
    Kyoko said there's a lot of BJD owners there too so I hope they're ok in the crowds.
    So lucky to meet Matoko!
    Have fun on your second day!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dang it!!!! I wanted to go see the special previers that FUNimation is hosting~! FMA Movie especially! Man, why can't I have the money to go to these things?!

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Premiers, not previers....sorry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home