Otaku Corner

A blog dedicated to manga and anime.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The end of Honey and Clover


The Honey and Clover Five.

Well as the saying goes all good things must come to an end, and I am extremely sad to see Honey and Clover go. 24 episodes later I am still craving more, Honey and Clover was just one of those diamond in the rough series you rarely see. I can say with a great deal of confidence that this show has replaced Fruits Basket as my all time favorite. The realism of this show often hit close to home and the dialogue of the characters was very inspiring. Watching this show at time could be very difficult because of the realism factor and yet that is what made it so good. As far as the end it ended pretty much the same way as Fruits Basket there was closure but most of the conflicts were not solved. I wish somebody would pick up the manga so that I could read what happens to the characters, but here's wishing. I cannot highly reccomend this series enough, it's great story, great plot line, very well paced and at times very insightful. My favorite line of the whole series was when Yamada realizing nothing would change between her and Mayama says that "why do I keep dreaming without ever getting tired of it", that one scene broke my heart because I knew exactly how she felt, I cried for a long time after that scene because her pain reminded me of my own. I guess watching this show can be very theraputic in some ways...lol. In anycase in closing a part of me is really having a hard time letting this show go and I can only hope that Paradise Kiss which is replacing it can live up to it's predecessor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home