Otaku Corner

A blog dedicated to manga and anime.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Game Review - Final Fantasy XII


From Left to Right: Penelo, Baltheir, Ashe, Basch, Fran and Vaan.

Well This is something new I thought I'd try. I don't know how many gamers actually read this blog but I thought I would put up my first game review. I thought I would put up a partial review of Final Fantasy XII. This is my first venture into the world of final fantasy, the only reason I gave it a try was because I heard that the latest FF was not a turned based fighting system, so I thought why not give it a try. As you can tell I am not a bigh fan of turned based games unless it's pokemon, but I digress. Final Fantasy is a pretty nifty game, the story is engaging, the characters are interesting, the graphics are gorgeous and the game is absolutely epic and the gameplay is addictive. The story revolves around a young man named Vaan who has lofty dreams of being a sky pirate. Through circumstances Vaan becomes indirectly involved with a resistance movement which is trying to overthrow the current government in his country(I mean this is really a basic description of the story, there is much more involved such as romance, betrayal, deciet, all the heavy hitters). Anyway gameplay is still a somewhat turned based, but allows for more free movement. Battles are no longer random, and you are not forced to fight them anymore, you can fight or flee. Overall this game is an extremely enjoyable experience and I look forward to ending the game soon. Til then I hope those of you who have a PS2 will give this game at least a rent.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Seph said…

    Ah just a little longer and I can finally play it! (Stupid UK hasn't released it yet. T.T)

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree the new combat system is much more better than the old turnbased system.

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i am soo in love with balthier he is so sexy....i wish him and fran would like so hook up.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a really good final fantasy game, however not as good as FFVII.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Otaku said…

    OK guys I am officially obssessed I went and bought the limited edition copy of the game as well as the limited edition guide book which came with the limited edition art book. I love this game....and I absolutely love the character Basch, he's soooo damn hot.

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you go otaku, you think you can post some scans from the art book?

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    im currently playing the game! i love the balthier and fran coupling and penelo and larsa too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home