Otaku Corner

A blog dedicated to manga and anime.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Victorian Romance Emma Second Act



So Victorian Romance Emma is about to be starting very soon. This is an anime that I have been really looking foreward to as the the first season was absolutely wonderful, but the ending left me disatisfied, which is why I am thrilled about season two. Emma is the story about a maid living in Victorian England who falls in love with a nobleman named William. Of course there class differences is what keeps them apart, and by the end of season one Emma leaves London and William behind. William in turn engages himself to a proper young english noblewoman to appease his father. That is where we ended with season one so I am fully expecting season two to end as the manga ended hopefully. Emma is a simple love story with a lot of depth and complexity all at the same time. In a market saturated with magic girls, mecha and shinigami animes, Emma is a breath of fresh air. I hope you will all give this one a chance it truly is a hidden gem.

Update: As of June 30th 2007, Right Stuf International has annouced that they have licensed Season 1 and 2 of Emma. I regret to inform you however that this series will not recieve an english dub; As much as I wanted to see this series stateside, I am immensly disappointed that a truly wonderful series like Emma is being neglected a dubbed version. As I have stated on several occasions I am not a sub purest and do enjoy dubs when done properly. If anyone else feels the same as me please feel free to politely express your opinion to RightStuf international at www.rightstuf.com.

14 Comments:

  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ANother season of Emma? I loved the show but was really disappointed in the ending. I hope that it is at least a hapier ending the season 1. I noted that there was a new Emma show on bittorrent but didn't now it was season 2.

    Arigato for the news.
    Alice

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whoa i didn't know emma had a season two, what awsome news. thanks as always.

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whoo hoo second act emma great stuff, i will check youtube./

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so excited for this to start! :) It's such a great story, can't wait to see it continued.

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    REALLY?I loved the first season but I thought the ending was too disappointing and SO crummy. After all, no one but geniuses should make sad endings.Now I HAVE to see this season 2. Thanks so much for this news!

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What no english dub, I was hoping to hear authentic british accents

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    boo to nozumi for no dub

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you look on the Right Stuff website for preordering, it states the dvd's will be available in December of 2012! That better be a misprint! Five years?!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Otaku said…

    Actually that is a misprint on there part, they are not sure of the exact release date on Emma, however they plan to release it sometime this year.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can handle later this year(not five). I'm Definitely gonna pre-order! Thanks for clarifying that for me.

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Beca said…

    I'm guessing there's no dub because ideally they would need actors with British accents and don't want to go through the trouble >.>

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I think because Emma is under the radar type anime which is why they are not giving it a dub which sucks becuase it would be made so much better with a dub.

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is sad. I just finished watching the first season. And the second one is only up to episode 6. I wonder if it ended well.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    People should read this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home